- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibilities.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical problems.
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilising community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
- Practice national integration and social harmony.
» The Motto
The motto or watchword of the National Service Scheme is ‘ NOT ME BUT YOU ’.thisReflects the essence of democratic living and uploads the need for selfless service andAppreciation of other person’s point of view and also to show consideration Manual isBased on the ‘Rath’ wheel of the Konark Sun Temple situated Orissa. These giantWheels of the Sun Temple portray the cycle of creation, preservation and release, andSignify the movement in life across time and space. The design of the symbol, aSimplified form of the Sunchariot wheel primarily depicts movement. The wheel signifiesThe progressive cycle of life, It stands for continuity as well as change and implies theContinuous striving of NSS for social transformation and upliftment. National Service
» NSS Badge
The NSS symbol is embossed on the NSS badge. The NSS volunteers wear it whileUndertaking any programme of community ser vice. The Konark wheel in the symbol hasEight bars which represent the 24 hours of the day. Hense, the badge reminds the wearerTo be in readiness for service of the nation round the clock i.e. for 24 hours. The redColour in the badge indicates that the NSS volunteers are full of blood i.e. lively, activeEnergetic and full of the high spirt. The navy blue colour indicates the cosmos of which theNSS is a tiny part, ready to contribute its share for the welfare of the mankind.
» NSS Day
NSS was formally launched on 24th September, 1969 , the birth centenary year of theFather of the Nation. Therefore, 24th September is celebrated every year as NSS day withAppropriate programmes and activities
» Aims of NSS Programme / Activities
The operational aims of NSS is to integrate the three basic components of theProgramme. NSS programme should provide a variety of learning experiences whichMust develop a sense of participation, service and achievement among the volunteers The Activities should aim at the following :
- Making education more relevant to the present situation to meet the felt needs of theCommunity and supplement the education of the university / college students by bringing them face to lace with the rural situation;
- Providing opportunities to the students to play their role in planning and executing development projects which would not only help in creating durable community assets in rural areas and urban slums but also results in the improvement of quality of life of the economically and socially weaker sections of the community
- Encouraging students and non-students to work together along with the adults inrural areas:
- Developing qualities of leadership by discovering the latent potential among thecampers, both students as well as local youth (Rural and Urban), with a view to involvethem more intimately in the development programme and also to ensure propermaintenance of the assets created during the camps
- Emphasising dignity of labour and self-help and the need for combining physical work with intellectual pursuit
- Encouraging youth to participate enthusiastically in the process of nationalDevelopment and promote national integration, through corporate living and cooperativeAction. While undertaking these activities, each NSS unit should envisage its programmesActivities aimed at instilling discipline, building character, promotion of physical fitness and development of culture.
» Presentation of Department of N.S.S.
- The National service scheme was launched in order to Community orientation in higher education.
- In The age of globalization, Societies are undergoing rapid social transformation as a result of this the individual is getting aliented from the society. Values of being seriously questioned.
- In the pursuits of community oriented values are being to forgotten.
- Against this backdrop our unit is trying to bridge the gap b/w individual & the society and by inculcating values.
- By organizing special 7 days residential winter camp, we try to orient our student to community.
- During the camp our student live and work closely with villagers on various project.
- This camp helps the student to understand community and its problem as well as it is basic needs.
- In this camp student came from different strata, caste, class, religious, economy, gender etc. We try to create and develop the social values such as equality, fraternity, social integrity amongst them.
- We organized discussion on freedom struggle, national integration, agricultural practices as well as raise the problems like dowery, alcoholismetc.
- During this camp we organized lectures on Health & hygene, personality development, right & responsibilities, Democratic Values, Various schemes of Government for villagers & women empowerment.
- Through its various activities the NSS tries to emphasis the importance of Social harmony, patriotism, and selflessness as reflected in its motto. ‘NOT ME BUT YOU’ upon the mind of young citizens of India.
- The NSS unit organizes various cultural programmes in order to provide a platform for the student.
- The NSS unit undertaken many social responsibilities such as Puls Polio Mission, Tree Plantation.
- We are taking an exam as M. K. Gandhi
- It is our prevail age to told you that we established Red Ribbon Club for aware
- A “My Earth, My Duty” which was – organized by Government of India and ‘Z’ group. We implement properly.
- For environmental issue, awareness amongst the student about Global Warming. We organize one day Jalgaon District Level Seminar with the collaboration with NMU Jalgaon. significantly participated in various camps organized by N.M.U. Jalgaon. Such as leadership development, R. D. Pared, Disaster Management, Maitri, Adivasi etc.
- The NSS unit closely works with ‘Yuvati Sabha’ which helps as to spread feelings gender sensitization.
- The overall objectives of our unit is consonance with the mission of our college of creating value conscious.